1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

economic harness? or headache?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kcjeepcreep, Oct 16, 2010.

1. kcjeepcreep

kcjeepcreep Junior Member

I have a hiniker v plow with a BOSS 13 pin wiring harness on it that i bought used. It did not come with the truck side wiring. I like to do my own work if its going to be more cost efficient. My plan is to buy the two repair ends for the harness and wire myself with the wiring diagram plus adding in some fuses. I would match wire codes and have done this kind of thing before. anyone think it would be just better to spend the extra 100 dollars for the whole thing?
  2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I just went through about the same thing with my boss. I was going to buy the repair ends as well but I was still missing the headlight pieces from the harness. I ended up using trailer plugs for the plow, stock power wires and a 6 way trailer plug for the light harness. I had about $25 into repairing my harness this way. (check the pics in my thread rt2 refinish)

Whats the cost of the 2 repair harness pieces? Is that all you will need to complete it? Figure out the cost of doing it each way and go from there. Its not that hard to build a harness.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Personally I would just buy the factory harness and have it put in in about a hour. Instead of a full day making a harness.
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I agree......
  5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

NAW!!! YOU fix it!

SAVE THAT COIN!!! If you can do it, get to work. I love to save $100.00 by going the DIY route.payup
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not familiar with the Hiniker wiring/connectors, but the BOSS stuff is very good. If you can create a truckside cable using BOSS, go for it. This would be a great time to switch your headlights over to relays feeding directly off the battery. Makes a huge difference in light output.

Oh yeah, add dual burn :nod: