1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Echo Strobe Update!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FisherVMan, Jan 15, 2011.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Ok after posting some questions about this 120W system last week , I decided because of the low frequency of use I would go ahead and install them vs sending em back and buying high quality strobes made in the USA. Having owned Whelen strobes for years on our aircraft I was quite firmilar with that brand and how long they lasted and some of their problems.
    These Chinise strobes marketed under the name of Echo and Wolo are actually a great surprise to me as this sorta system used to be very very expensive just a few years ago.
    I was amazed to see them do the "tripple flash" the same as my old Whelen strobes that cost 10X as much in the late 90's!!!
    I installed four in my rear lens covers and two in the front and they have 8 different patterns you can select from the switch panel that you dash mount. The strobe tubes look identical to the Whelen ones and I am 99% sure they would be interchangeable with them. The power supply that is marked 120W; seams to have the exact same brightness as my buddys Whelen strobes; and at this point I dont see much if any difference in performance?? However we will have to wait and see; how long they last, to really be able to tell, just how they really perform; But for anyone being frightened away from these; that is not going to be running strobes constantly, like a cop or ambulance or similar . If you would only be using them on a low frequency basis , at this point I would most certainly recomend them from what I have seen, of this system.
    Now with that said ; I am not interested in weather anyone likes things built in China; or anywhere else besides the USA................ my wife lost her job of 17 years; to a firm in India last Janurary; so we are very very firmilar with off shure wages; and what is going on in the world, so lets not launch into all that . This is just a personal observation; of how these looked to me in quality and performance . If you dont like Chinise stuff be very careful what you purchase nowadays as almost everything comes from there. And quite honestly looking at their economy I am begining to wonder how much of this stuff we hear about China from our media is right ? Or is it possible that we are expecting to be overpaid for what our unskilled people should be making ??? :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

hey, Its your money, spend it how you like. If your happy , Thats all that matters. I do agree That some China stuff is pure crap. I also agree that some stuff here Is WAY over priced.
    For example. All my led's on my truck are from Strobesnmore.com . They are alot cheaper in price than Whelen and are just as if not brighter than my friends that have Whelen. They may or may not last as long as Whelen, But thats a risk im willing to take. I can replace mine 2 - 3 times before i get to the cost of Whelen.. Like i said its your money if you like something buy it.