1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Echo Power Broom

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mysteryman, Nov 19, 2009.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

Can anybody tell me if the Echo PAS-230 is sufficient to operate the Power Broom attachment vs the PAS-265 power head? Or does the Power Broom call for the largest power unit?? There would be a little savings if I could go with the smaller cheaper unit. Thank you for your responses.

2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

They work well but you might not like it if it is under powered. Worth a few extra $'s for the power.

3. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

thanks, and...

That's the way I usually think, but thought I'd ask in the event the answer came back that the smaller unit was 'way more than enough'...I'm looking to clean the pavement after snowblowing (so that it dries the next day in the sun) From your experience can I expect this level of cleanliness?

4. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I think they make one that has rubber flappers and one that has brushes. I think they will clean snow that has not been packed nicely but ice and packed snow will be tougher.

5. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

I'm just looking to remove fresh blowback, loose ridges, and then 'several inch overnight snowfalls' (usually they are light lake-effect snows, not wet heavy or gritty 'storm snows'. Thanks again for your feedback.

6. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

When operating a Power Broom, either bristle or paddle, does the operator have to hold the unit within contact with the pavement, or can the operator let the 'broom' ride the pavement only having to control the trigger and steer the unit?

7. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

A little of both. They are a little heavy and your arms will get tired after a while. Buy the shoulder strap if you pick one up.

8. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

The paddle is better, and you can use it in the spring to beat the divots off the lawn.

9. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

Thanks, BH115577 and SNOW TENDER, for your input.