1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ECCO Strobe Hide-away LED

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Jayson_109, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

Anyone using these or looked into them?? Dealer of mine is selling these for $100 each, and says I can run these from my Ford upfitter switches. No control module, just add a small switch for I can manually change strobe pattern. If I stand correct tthere are 4 LEDs in each "pod" and each "pod" can actually run its own pattern. Get what I'm saying? Kinda like instead of only having one side of the truck flashing while the other is off. Each "pod" itself will alternate left to right, so both sides of the truck will be flashing at the same time.

Think these might be on my list before the white stuff falls.

Here is their link if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.eccolink.com/ProductPages/DOTHMPG.cfm

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Its just my personal opinion, I would never go with any light besides whelen, they have the best product and the best warranty, and when its out of warranty and it brakes they have a set price to fix it, which is not much.

3. fireboy6413

just took a look at the link, go with whelen, they have more led diodes then that, in that specific head, whelen does make a cheaper one and different, im not sure of which one nor price, but look on their web site. the head ecco has only 8 diodes

4. fireboy6413

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would call them elcheapo

6. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

thanks for the advice guys... I just know that they are putting quite a bit of this on emergency and city vehicles in the area.

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

he needs to be careful useing the ecco stuff on emergency vehicles as some of it does not meet all specs

8. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

I have the ECCO 4 head unit and couldn't be more happy! I got mine from the local Boss stealer and paid about $160 for the amp, 4 tubes and 4 cables. It was very easy to install with good connectors and have used them for 2 year on the Jobsite(all year) and plowing with NO TROUBLES. I would recomend them to anyone. I'm not so sure whalen could so any better than working every time you flipped the switch could they?!

Good luck and enjoy!