1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ecco Hide A LED

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by M&A Property Maintenance, Nov 8, 2008.

1. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

3. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

ok, so i understand how they work. what is the difference in color. if i am mounting in brake light, should the strobe be red? or directional should it be amber? or reverse light should it be clear?

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if your mounting it in a "colored lens " like a brake light, then jsut order the clear , -- they are a little brighter, and could be moved to a different veheical or location if needed

if your mounting them in a "clear lens" like a back up ligh t, or head light , then you might consider getting colored strobes or leds

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

my question with this kit is...does it come with 4 or 2 or are they singles...and also do the run to a box of some sort in the cab like others do...im sure ou have to buy a switch and all like most but if anyone has bought these just wondering what the deal is

6. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Im hearing that with the LED hideaways you actually want to match the LED with the color of the lense you are putting it behind. Red led with red (tail light) lens. It has something to do with the light spectrum...bla bla bla. Obviously with a clear lense you can use whatever color you want, but you get a brighter light if you use a red led behind a red lense opposed to a white led behind a red lense.

I know I know, not what we have learned in regards to strobes, but it just something Ive heard since the led hideaways have come along.

Just my two cents.

7. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Anyone know how bright these are??? -Just wondering because I want to get them!!! Is there a video somewhere on these???

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  8. MarkG

MarkG Junior Member

The things you find on youtube... Very dangerous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDn7DCbINY

There is also links to other details of these lights. I also saw a plow guy in my area with these lights on his truck and wondered if they are legal?