1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling = The greatest snow tool ever! EVER!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Got to use my 12ft Ebling for the first time today.

Nothing much, Dryer fluff, started plowing @ 12AM, Snow kept falling all day, Ended up with about 6 or so inches.

After about 2 hours (My learning period) I pretty much stopped using my Boss, and only drug the snow around. Oly used my plow on tight corners and stacking.

I did everything from a few condo drives, to street, to small parking lots, to big parking lots. The Ebling did not disappoint!!!!!!. This thing does everything I thought it would do and more.

If you haven't ever tried, or or on the fence, or just don't believe in what you can accomplish with one of these. You need too..

They are the real deal!!!!!!!

Thanks JD, Mark and the folks at Ebling.

J.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really glad you like it so much. I'm jealous about all the snow your getting.

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I could probably put a dent in the market here with one of those! Any pics?

What do those usually run for cash and carry?

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

5200 cash and carry 12 footer
    5500 cash and carry 14 footed
    5800 cash and carry 16 footer

some where in that range

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Pics from today, 2 to 3 inches of fluff covered Ice. God I love winter!!

Pic 1, Pulling away from a parked truck
    Pic 2, Pulling down hill, not alot of snow left at this point
    Pic 3, Pulling and stacking
    Pic 4, Cutting In alond sidewalk
    Pic 5, Pushing up whats left

Over all I still like it. I did break a shear blot on it today when I got to close to a retaining wall.

J.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  6. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

What do these do that make them so much better than a good standard plow? I'm asking the question because I'm interested, not because I have an unfounded opinion. My big contract is a really large movie theatre, and am looking for options to make things a little more efficient.

7. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

That thing is pretty sweet but are you trying to kill that little truck ? You gotta be over the GAWR

8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Whats there to kill in a Ford?

9. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

The Ebling Pull Plows are the beasts in the rear mounted plow market. The benefits of them is that you're able to take a 3/4 ton truck that could handle a 9' plow at most and give it the ablility to pull up to 16' of plow. You're able to use down pressure to get through hard pack and then turn it into a box blade to carry snow around corners without massive loss when turning

10. lawnproslawncar

IF he has that truck setup correctly that pull plow should be ok for the truck with little abuse if he's carefull

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I really don't care if I tear up my truck, I can always buy another one.

Remember this, My equipment is mine, Not yours. I can and will do with MY tools what I want.

J.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Think you save 30% using the Ebling?

13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

well said, but can start a war between some people!

14. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I need to push/pull a 1/4 mile, then stack. Will it pull better than a blade/box will push?

15. lawnproslawncar

I imagine it would. I don't own one yet...yet! maybe JD Dave will have some imput

16. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I heard that. They make new trucks everyday eh, Peterbilt?payup
    I will beat a truck to death, too. Always buy a new one.

The Ebling on the back actually serves as ballast and will help the truck balance the weight of the plow up front.
    The advantage of a rear plow is that it is easier to pull a load rather than push it. Check your trucks towing capacity and imagine if that were a load of snow in a pull plow, it is no different than towing a trailer.

I've 'towed' 64000 pounds of sled at a couple of truck pulls and it didn't bother my truck at all. My truck would rather pull anything than push it around.

That and the fact that an Ebling is 12 to 18 feet wide.:cool:

17. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

LOL, didnt bother it at all, so whats that mean, you took the sled home with you?

I find my truck doesnt care what its doing, it pushes just as good as it pulls... I think the main differance here is a truck can move that snow 1/4 mile pulling it opposed to a tractor or a piece of equipment pushing a pusher up front...

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Uh oh, the secret is out.

Glad you're happy with it. I'm working on replacing my SideWing with a back blade, they are just so much more efficient.

19. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I might be picking up a few gas station accounts, as well as a large car wash, and all these pictures and talk of Eblings are making me seriously consider it.

20. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

If I can swing the $$ one will be going on my next truck!:nod: