1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling, snocontrol or B+B

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by excav8ter, Oct 30, 2011.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Is one better than the other? I want to put a back blade on my F350 this year which one are you using and why.?

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

SwingWing.:jester:

Why?:confused:

Because people use and like them.:mechanic:

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you can go look at them in person, the decision will be easy.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I bought a ebling last season, AWESOME

5. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Sorry, never seen a SwingWing before.....if I knew how, I would edit my post title. Link? Pics? Why do you like them? I do not know anyone with these types of back blades, so any help is appreciated.

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Jim doesn't skimp on the steel that's for sure. He really builds some nice stuff.

That would be the swing wing aka Ebling.

He's just up in GR, on Roger B Chaffe south of 44th although you plow in Holland also so maybe you should go look at Snoways or anything that Jim doesn't sell :bluebounc

We have one here in Holland, just bought it this year.

7. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Could I come and see yours? My shop is on the south side of Holland, near Lincoln and U.S 31.....but my home is is near 144 and New Holland.

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Not very far at all from you. PM sent.

9. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You may want to do a search on the snocontrol, there has been some discussion on it.

JD Dave has some good advice as well.

10. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

Swing-wing is not made by Ebling. Ebling's blade is called an Ebling Hydraulic wing. Swing-wing is made by another company in GR, they started the hydraulic wing design a few years before Ebling (I believe). I cant think of the name off the top of my head, Jon would know for sure. The Swing-wing set up is usually ran off a Honda box, very sweet set up. Everybody gets the names mixed up between the two.

11. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I thought the same thing, swing wing vs ebling. I did a quick search before I submitted that post and it looked like they were one and the same.

I believe it was Jon that did the Honda box back blade thing and mean no ill words towards Jon or Jim for that matter.

I haven't seen the other blades up close, I have seen the Ebling and can only comment on that one, but I'm not sure what to call it other than not cheap :)

12. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

After I decide on which brand ......I need to decide on a size. 12, 14, or 16 feet. I will be doing a mix of driveways, residential subdivision roads, and my church. I am thinking a 14 will be fine. I feel like a 16 may want to twist too much on uneven driveways. Am I silly for thinking about it that way?

13. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

good question any answers?

Thanks!
    Dan

14. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I went with a 16ft last season, and it was great! I worked it HARD and it took all the abuse I could put it through........

15. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I decided to go with a 14' . It was put on last Friday. Now its sitting in my shop waiting to be put to use.

16. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Which one did you go with?

17. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I went with Ebling, because it was the most recommended and their is a dealer 2miles or less from my shop.

18. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

What's the cost for something like that? Been wanting one forever. just need to figure out how much to save for it.

19. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You won't know the difference unless you plow with a 16'. Then you'll think the 14' is small.

You'll love it.

20. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

That is very true. For the stuff i'm doing, i believe a 14'long is going to be a good size.