1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling productivity?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Xforce 1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Does the ebling really save a lot of time in a 380,000 sg. ft. lot? I have 2 of these lots plus smaller commercial. I've always pushed with 10' boxes on tractors and 8' boxes on skidloaders and trucks. Basically, I'm trying to increase productivity with the tractors so I can spread out my equipment more to handle more accounts. We don't average but 20"-25" of snow on a good year but have several accounts and would like more of coarse or even cut back on equipment. Is it worth the expense to buy one? Thanks for your input.

2. MDSP

MDSP Member

We run 8 Eblings. 2 of them are on 100+ hp tractors.

I've never crunched numbers to a %, however a fair guess is the truck blades are equal of 2 1/2 - 3 trucks without back blades.

The tractor blade (16') with a blade or box on front can replace 1 truck and one loader.

1 truck and 1 loader do lot "x" in 4 hours...total equipment hours would be 8. The tractor can do the same lot alone in 5 hours. yes it takes an hour longer, but your total equipment hours are down by 3.

Hope that helps.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I wouldnt go as far as more then double the productivity... Cause I'll tell you right now your on crack... Maby the od time it might speed you up that much but its not gonna consistently make 1 truck as productive as 3 trucks just by adding a back blade... A lot that takes an hour you'd be down to 35-40 mintutes IMO

I cant say anything about the tractor blades cause I dont own one...

4. MDSP

MDSP Member

I'll stand corrected, I'll say 2 - 2 1/2 trucks with just 7 or 8 foor straight blades vs. 1 16' Ebling.