1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling Fury

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfman59, Oct 29, 2010.

1. turfman59

turfman59 Member

Just ordered my Ebling 16ft back blade, going on a diesel 1 ton truck, Hopefully it will eliminate 1 guy ( out of 4 ) and the down pressure I am hoping will keep things cleaner. The sites we plow have a tremendous amount of back blading at various widths, and our contract calls for us to be there at trace amounts..Hope I am doing the right thing

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What kind of sites do you plow?

3. turfman59

turfman59 Member

mostly commercial, one our sites is about 6 acres of plowing and salting, we pretreat usually a day or two before predicted snowfalls and arrive when the first flury blows. 1/2 a mile from our facility. The usual fast food 500 sites and gas stations

4. turfman59

turfman59 Member

what kind of sites do you plow?

5. WIPensFan

Mostly residential drives and walks. I have a couple commercial sites but nothing to big, 1.5 acres and less with lots of walks. Funny because 90% of my landscaping is commercial, but those accounts are to big for me to plow, 5-10 acre range.

Good luck with the Ebling, haven't heard any bad comments on them. I'm sure it will make certain jobs easier and quicker.

6. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

How much??? And where is the pictures??

7. turfman59

turfman59 Member

Going to be mounted on wednesday in GR will have pics on thursday, truck is being painted as we speak, new fenders rocker panels and cab corners 96 ford f 350 should get the job done

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You won't be disappointed.

9. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

How much $$$$$$$$$$ did it cost yea??

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

$6495 for a 16ft installed with tax. If anyone wants other prices just PM me.

11. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

the first night you will think you dont have enough hands to run that thing and will think its a waste. you will have to look at your lots differenly and plan different ways to plow them.

night 2 you wont beleive how fast you went thru the route.

12. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I don't have one yet but I'm already thinking the same thing. So you guys that have these and aren't near Michigan, are you driving your trucks there and getting them installed or are have them shipped and put on locally?

13. WIPensFan

I would like to know that as well. Who pays for warrenty work if you have it shipped to you? Do you just have it fixed and then send the bill to whoever sold it to you? Wondering how it all works.

14. turfman59

turfman59 Member

I am not really to worried about the warranty work GR is 90 minutes away, If it breaks I am sure I will fix it first and handle warranty question later, I am going to buy additional parts anyway. The welds I think are bullet proof and the shear bolts will be stocked wholesale on the dashboard. I think its a question of when I hit something not If i hit something LOL

15. turfman59

turfman59 Member

This type of product is more or less Home made, They do however have a warranty for commercial users and Non commercial users. I am impressed with the Eblings as a family owned business and a reputable steel fabricator. They have been building these thing for 25 years, and whether its Boss or Blizzard or Curtis which I own all Three brands I am sure there will be issues with something, Ya never know, but having a 14K pound hitch really excites me to mount it to..

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There really isn't much to go wrong and the install is very simple. I've sold 9 of them and the basically the only problem we've had is broken cylinders and that's from catching the wings violently on something. There is a shear bolt but if you smoke something hard enough you can bend the wing and screw the cylinder.

17. turfman59

turfman59 Member

so you think its money well spent..My guys are excited. last year we had a 72 hour event and 3 of the trucks didnt shut off for 26 hours

18. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I got home from Grand Rapids last night. I purchased a used Ebling there. Jim did the mount install, as I was 600+ miles from home.

I can tell you this.......Ebling and their product are top notch!. This was my first time to see a power plow in person at the ebling showroom. Unbelieveable! The quality and carftsmanship of their product is remarkable. Customer service is not going to be an issue. Jim and his crew of guys went out of their way to help me out!

I will be ordering a new 16' for next season. Til then, I will work with the 8' fixed wing.

19. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Can't wait to see the photos of the new girl when you get her

20. turfman59

turfman59 Member

[​IMG][​IMG] Finally figured how to post this pic of the F 350 with the new ebling back blade

ebling back blade 085.jpg