1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling Backblade Mounting Video and Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD Dave, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6PIaxzKpBs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6PIaxzKpBs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebling 2 001.jpg

Ebling 2 002.jpg

Ebling 2 003.jpg

Ebling 2 004.jpg
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Those Eblings sure are slick blades. Looks very well built
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Nick.
  4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

That is a sweet set up.
    I think if were mine I might have attempted to mount the plug in under the rail pocket kind like this.

Ebling 2.JPG

I have a feeling sales are going to be picking up.:drinkup:

Ebling 2.JPG
  5. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

can i ask what the toggle switch is for by the plug in? In that to lift it to line up the carriage when un-hooking and re-hooking?
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I just emailed them for pricing on a 16ft. Looks great...
  7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

looks nice. Also a very nice big CLEAN shop:nod:
  8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You made that look a little too easy... Under a minute, good job Dave :drinkup:
  9. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

with the Ebling, what's the deal with the mounting system on the truck side? Does the existing trailer hitch get replaced with one that has the ebling mount? or is it an add on?
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can control the up and down from the switch.
    Thanks, that was my our install and I think it turned out pretty well.
    Thanks, I can't take credit for it being clean.
    I'm a professional and it was a little staged. LOL
    You get a complete new hitch and it much heavier then anything you've seen.
  11. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

just a heads up on that "forklift plug" (big grey one) i have seen them short out before, I would at the very least electrical tape the two plugs together to try and keep salt out , and when not in use some type of bag, and disconnecting the pos power wire. a circit breaker isnt a bad thing either

if it does short you will have either A the quickest electrical fire you have seen with 2 gauge wires, or B a fired battery and who knows what else. (especially on those GM trucks JD...they are loaded with electrical issues as it is....lol)

the toggel switch is pretty slick , wish i had that
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They've been using the Anderson connectors for years and that's what B and B reccomemds on updating a plows hookup. Also that's why the plugs are mounted in the bed, you get basically no raod spray in there. I'll keep an eye on it though.
  13. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I wonder how Mark O has it mounted on the F550?:rolleyes:

Dave, Is it best to get the hitch from Ebling and build everything else around it for a Cab and Chassis?

Can you post some pics of the hydros?

Triple L can you post pics of yours with the spreader? Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009