1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebling and Sons Blacksmiths.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Drove up to Grand Rapids just to stop in at 'Taco Boy' for a burrito, (Mmmmmm) and went across the street to generally make a nuisance of myself and bug the bejeezus out of Mark to show me the famous Back Blade.:cool:

He takes me over to this giant version of the thing with a 3 point hitch on it and says "This one doesn't have down pressure. It's 1200 pounds.:eek: (Jeez, ya think? At over half a ton, trust me, it has down pressure.) This version is for a large piece of heavy equipment.

By now I'm droolin'. Mark shows me the hitch you get, Class 5 rating, the mounting bracket that goes into the hitch, Then the lift arms, the power unit the lines and finally the blade itself. The things are built like military equipment! Totally solid! Sick! Not too bad for only 6 large plus.payup Especially for all you get.

The small tractor version I was looking at was about 900 pounds and the pick up truck version was around 800 pounds complete. I kinda want the 900 pound version. Hmmmm.

Mark let walk around and check everything out. I was in heaven! Snow removal gear all over and even a few Blizzards, a couple 810s and the mighty 8611 sat on the floor. Then they had to kick me out so they could make a living, (NOOO!!!:cry:)

That place is dialed in and nothing but friendly faces all over the building. They'll be getting my cash.

Thanks, Mark and everybody at Ebling for the tour and sales pitch. I loved it!

Brian

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Post is useless without pictures! :dizzy:

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've also heard their stuff is top notch. However, when I called to inquire about their product lines I didn't get a response. Same thing with with my e-mails...nothing.

It'd be nice to see them stick the same kind of effort into customer service that they've stuck into their products.

4. GSJ

GSJ Junior Member
    from W. MI

They do really good work. I think their kind of old school in that pretty much everybody there is working in the shop other than the gal that works the office. I think between working in the shop and taking care of their established customer base Jim probably has a hard time doing much more. They would probably benefit from having a person whose only job was sales.

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Yeah it is, but I felt bad enough dropping in unannounced and they were still nice enough to show me around, I didn't want to be more of a PITA. Someday I wanna go back!

But Mark says he will e mail me some pictures and when he does I'll post 'em up.

If they had a dedicated sales guy, they probably couldn't keep up with production.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

UM, Taco Boy! I swing threw there sometimes when i get out real late!

Too Bad some of us didnt know you were coming, Eblings is about dead center between Mark O and i and i (about 5 miles from the house) and i work about a mile from Eblings.

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I did'nt know I was either. I went up to Nestle Water in Stanwood to grab a load of bottled water for a broker friend of mine. The GPS said Ebling was on a dead end street but when I looked I saw I could turn around and park in front. Complete spur of the moment thing!:D