1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ebay salter lights??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BigBoyPlowin, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Im looking for a light that can light up my whole trucks backside! The $8 buyers lights just arent cutting it.

Anyone ever try these lights???
    they look like the rigid expensive light... I know its not it but just debating on trying these especially since they will add what ever HID i want to them!

Anyone know what a good color for HIDs I should get? Im thinking 5k
    at $38 bucks can i go too wrong?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I second that, these are great lights for the money!

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

8. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

From what I have read 6000k is the closest to white light as they come. thats what I bought in an other type of off road lights. They are very bright.

10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I bought these from this guy, I got the driving light version for my Jeeps front bumper 55 watt 6000K they are very bright, They have a long distance (pencil beam) as well same price. They also have a 4 inch size same watts. I know I am getting off track, but I did see a guy use one of these lights mounted on a Jeep rear spare tire rack. Thats what I call a back up light. HID lights are awesome even the ones from china, ALL my factory headlights and driving lights have been changed over to HID with kits. Once you drive with them regular headlights seem yellow and dim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261170924885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  11. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I have had mediocre reliability with HID lights. They are GREAT when they work! For backup or utility I would go LED like the ones I posted for sure, especially at under $30 a light for 1350 lumens.

The good set in my CJ (with IPF housings) have gone through a couple sets of bulbs over the past few years, and one in my XJ Cherokee failed only after a few months. The CJ kit is from retrosolutions, which replaces the bulbs for free (lifetime warranty on the whole set).