1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ebay plow deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hardscaper, Nov 11, 2009.

1. hardscaper

hardscaper Member
    from usa

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

3. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

ebay isn't bad you just have to be careful. I've spent about 60,000 on there so far. two trucks, enclosed trailer, etc etc. Talk to the seller. I was actually looking at that a couple of weeks ago. there's a bunch of videos of that somewhere, I think on youtube. I'll check and see for you

4. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Thats the same idea as the Degelman Speedblade (one of the sponsors of this site).

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I use Ebay and have had great results.
    There are always exceptions tho

6. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

The key to using ebay for plow equipment purchases is you need to be well educated about what you are buying and how it all goes together. Remember.. they are selling you an item at an auction they offer no support, no installation and no late not pissing an moaning your stuff doesn't work and you just paid 12,000.00 for it.

Some stuff is better bought local. That being said I have bought a boat load of stuff off ebay.. plows, salters, cars etc. All with good luck.

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

As an FYI if you sell something on ebay.. And the bidder picks it up..(not shipped) Ebay can hold your money upto 21 days.. It all depends on if the buyer gives positive fedback.. And if you buy something you at least have recourse..

8. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Recently bought a high trac dozer from Florida off Ebay called a local repair company to do a inspection. Found a few things that were not posted but still able to make a deal and still thousand cheaper even with the shipping. But like jlouki01 said you own it with no support! IMO I would have any used equipment inspected.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hee hee hee

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If Hardscaper had of PM'd me back I would have bought the Storm blade for 12500, instead he plays games and annoys me. I call Rob Snyder the distributor for Team Storm because I got an email from him through Sima to call him if I had any questions. When I called he acted like he was to busy and why in the hell would I call him. Just wondering if Hardscaper is Rob? Oh well I really do like the dozen Horst blades I have.

12. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Since when did sponsorship cost more than ones integrity?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What do you expect from a guy using 20 year old drug dealer lines. "You got any rolling papers?"

14. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

15. hardscaper

hardscaper Member
    from usa

Strange post, I ordered two of these units from the same guy and he was very helpful. He also mentioned he still has some left if you need them.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No kidding...