1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ebay led flashing lights what do you guys think

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DRBLawnBuster, Jan 19, 2010.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

i was on ebay just looking at lights and i came across these. I no there probally not the best out there but i was thinking for $14 bucks how bad could they be . Look at the video of them on the bottom. I was thinking of mounting a amber one and a clear one in the grill and then the same on the bumper or somewere back there. Give me your opionin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ambe...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2. DRBLawnBuster

also that first flash patttern is what i like the best.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Look like garbage to me.

4. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I would be careful about buying stuff out of country. My buddy just bought a gauge for his car they sent him the wrong size and even the wrong gauge, he wanted a fuel gauge and got a boost gauge. It came out of Hong Kong I told him good luck with that!

5. DRBLawnBuster

ok thanks for the in put, im looking to buy somethign just like that do you have anythign you could recommend

6. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Spend some more buck$ (yeah, I know, I like "bargains" too) and go with SoundOff Signal or another "known" brand. There are some guys on this forum who can give you good advice and also maybe sell you what you need to get started. "Our" guys definitely know a strobe from an LED from a halogen, and it won't be an international call if you need to talk to them about a problem.

This is just a suggestion, take it as you will, but you might want to stick with all amber. I don't think clear would comply with your state's motor vehicle law [(ORC 4513.17(C)(1)]. You don't want to be a "cop magnet," especially if you're out trying to make some money by plowing.

7. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

8. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Yeah, well, since I'm originally from MA, we don't have "language issues" when I call you, either. "Pahk the cah . . . " :p
    Some of those eBay vendors might speak better English than we do, or they might not.

And your site was one of the ones I was referring to earlier; I just didn't want it to look like I was doing "free advertising" for you. ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  9. SafetyLighting

LOLOL, yeah that's wicked awesome!

You should have your parts this week.

10. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Generation 1 Junk... Lenses may melt in the heat and lights will wash out in the daylight.

Get an american made product with a guarentee...

11. trip5981

trip5981 Junior Member

I have these lights, I thought the same thing about the price and if they were junk I would just get rid of them. They actually look pretty sharp on the truck when not lit because no one really notices them. They are pretty bright at night. Daytime not very bright at all and you really cant see them if your not dead in front of them. Plus they have that little goofy box that is required for them to work. I ended up switching them out. Your best bet is to get some tier 3's or something along that line. If you search Wheelen on ebay you can get some pretty good prices on them as well and for some reason they dont show up if you just search "amber LED" or "amber warning".

Hope this helps.
    trip5981

12. DRBLawnBuster

well i no you guys said there not so great, but i went ahead and bought a set. FOR the plowing i do they will fit my needs good and since im only 16 i dont have money to buy a ton. Im only looking for a little extra light at night. During the day my lightbar that im getting will be perfect

13. SafetyLighting

Ok, I hope they work well for you.

What light bar are you buying?

14. DRBLawnBuster

not sure yet im looking for somthing under $175 got any suggestions

15. SafetyLighting

16. DRBLawnBuster

17. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

you can also check this site out.... i have the mini lightbar from them and it has 15 functions and is bright as hell..... i have the stl-fusion c wouldnt trade it for the world. Also buying colored lenses is under 5 bucks a lense.

https://www.speedtechlights.com/

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. DRBLawnBuster

which one did you buy

19. DRBLawnBuster

sorry you said it didnt even realize

20. basheroffroad

basheroffroad Junior Member

I just received a set from the main distributor in china http://www.fancyqube.com/products/831648.html I separated the lightheads and have them in my grill and on my toolbox I can't say anything for the ambers but the blues I have are extremely bright at night in direct sunlight they may wash alittle but thats why I have the halogen rotators on the roof. also as far as buying chinese or sending money to china I bet those who have made that comment have bought something from a walmart in your lifetime and I'll bet if you look close you will see a little sticker somewhere on almost everything in your house that says "MADE IN CHINA"