1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eating cutting edges

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ANDREW2500, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ANDREW2500

ANDREW2500 Junior Member

IM RUNNING A WESTERN 8-6 MVP AND FOR SOME REAson i eat cutting edges and destroy my center rubber and brackets westerns website said center pin should be at 9.5-10.5 inches from ground im at 10 inches and with new cutting edges and center rubber installed this year its riding on the center section eating it away cutting edges barly hitting ground any help would be great
  2. gasnparts

gasnparts Junior Member

Go back to who installed it and get them to level it when it's in V mode. Or you can do it yourself it not too hard to do remove two bolts and loosen two on in front of the pivot (on the frame) there is a slotted hole you can adjust and put the bolts in and tighten every good and that should cure the problem. Just had mine done by the dealer in scoop mode it was riding on the center and the edges never touched the ground and in v mode the edges scraped the ground and the center was up in the air. Hope this helps
  3. ANDREW2500

ANDREW2500 Junior Member

Do u have a uni mount or ultra mount i think u can adjust the ultra mount uni mount is fixed i think i have the uni mount i for to mention that sorry

RODHALL Senior Member

adjust the plow feet ...
  5. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That's the first thing you take off the plow