1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eat your heart out BHB

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowGodFather, Feb 8, 2003.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

lol. i dont think he posts here that often.

3. DanG

DanG Senior Member

You can buy attachments like that that are listed right in exmarks brochures.

They also list company's that make snowblowers that you can put on them and also fully enclosed cabs.

They might even have links on exmarks or toro's websites.

Dan

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I guess i'm a ZTR idiot,but can those things really push snow?not 2",but a good storm 8-12",or will they just spin,like i said,I don't know,i'm askin you boys!

5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

we run sidewalk plows. we used to use walkbehinds, then graduated to atv plows and now have one on an exmark. While ours is a straight blade, the setup was well below $1400. The machines will move a few inches, and at least where our company uses them, we have sidewalk crews working thru the storm, so that snow doesn't accumulate.

6. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

The company who made it is only about 15 minutes from me (bucks county).... Im curious wich company it is.

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Evan i am curious too.Maybe the companys Brickman there based out of Langhorne i think.

8. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Here is one from exmarks web site they have info on them there.

Dan

snowblower and cab on ztr.jpg

9. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Seems like traction would be a problem.

10. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I think you'd do ok with one traction wise.

The engines in the rear between the rear drive wheels which also do all the steering so most of the weight is where it needs to be.

That and the wheels have the same bolt pattern as most garden tractors so adding wheel weight and or chains would be an option to look into if needed.
    The weight of the machine by itself is around 900+ lbs with out the deck on it.

I have 2 and would look into getting a blade or blower for one of mine if I had more walkways etc.. to do or smaller drives that were tough to do with the plows.

Dan

11. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

The company I used to work for used a Lazer w/plow for doing sidewalks. I usually got stuck on it when I was home from school, and it handled pretty good w/ bar type tires.

I could easily do 4-6 of lake effect cement, but the back end would kick out if you windrowed too much. I think it could of used more weight, even though it was unstoppable pushing piles straight forward.

Also, I didn't like the cycle time of the electric lift for the plow. It was painfully slow.

I think that the v plow setup, in the post, would work pretty well for long stretches of walks.

Jeff