1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Easy Mounting Tip

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by johnnard, Dec 18, 2007.

1. johnnard

johnnard Junior Member
    from NH

I was constantly in and out of the truck trying to align the truck with the plow frame. I took a magic marker and made three marks. The first was a vertical mark in the back of the left plow headlight. The second mark was on the hood near the windshield (only viewable from inside the cab), and the third mark was on the dashboard. When all 3 line up, your dead on. To envision this better, think of a gun with the front and rear sites being the markings on the truck while your plow headlight marking is the target.
  2. jgibb150

jgibb150 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I bought a set of snowmobile dollies to sit my plow on so all I have to do is wheel the plow up to the truck and you can move it to where ever you need it.
  3. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

my hood has a crease in the middle, i just lean over a little and get it close to the middle of the headgear. works everytime. what sucks is when the plow shifts on the ground, the headgear sometimes tilts back and sits a little low. thats just my fault for being lazy and parking it on a hardpack snow area thats not perfectly level.
  4. nichols

nichols Member

My F-250 also has a crease in the middle of the hood, and I do exactly the same - seems to work perfect.
  5. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

I too use the lean towards the center of the truck and use the hood crease to zero in on the center of the headgear. The only thing this does not insure is that the truck is square to the headgear (which can be an issue when docking/undocking in tight quarters)
  6. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I feel like if I had answered before you I would have written that exact same paragraph.
  7. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

The crease in my F250's hood works every time!!!::nod:
  8. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

well you know i hate to use the old cliche, but great minds do think alike
  9. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

How's things in Maine? Heading up to Dixfield in a couple weks for some snowmobiling!!:drinkup:
  10. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

pretty good at the moment actually :) except that its supposed to be in the 40's and POUR tomorrow night!!! hopefully we'll pick up some extra snow before you come up to replenish the trails. they are pretty good for being dec. 22 - not sure how the snow is in dixfield, thats a bit north of me, i know we got the brunt of a storm or two here by the coast in southern maine so it may not be quite as good. good luck, have fun! i wish i had time to get out and ride