1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Easy fix to shuttle shifting for the 48RE

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Oct 20, 2013.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

If anyone ever has a 46 47 48 re trans stuck in first or not shifting put it on the scanner and look for the live and theoretical pressures the trans is producing. The numbers should move linearly and not jump around making no sense.

If the live pressure is incorrect replace the Gov pressure switch, for the theoretical change the transducer.

Had two tranny shops wanting to do a full rebuild on my truck for it was stuck in first and deemed junk. $300 vs $3000 is simple math. Best part is if the trans is junk you already purchased two parts which are always replaced anyhow.:mechanic:
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Shuttle shift is gone..but now from 3rd to 4th gear, tranny takes an extra second to engage. Before I changed out the pressure solenoid and transducer, it was always solid during the shift.

I'm dumbfounded and I don't think there's something majorly wrong with it.......before it made the shift right on the money......any suggestions?