1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eastern snow expo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Sep 7, 2001.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

This past thursday I packed up the digital camera and headed west for the Eastern snow expo at the Worcester Centrum. Having never been to a trade show dedicated to snowplowing and ice control I have to say I was very impressed with how things are run at one of these events ( makes me wish I had gone to Denver even more) . I came across some serious heavy metal just for snowplowing (yes I was drooling over some of it) like the Oshkosh and a very large grader . I also got a chance to chew the fat with a Fisher rep . We talked about the new sander and plow set up ( yes Mick you are right about the stainless for next year ) and how they couldn't get the conveyor belt set up to work so they stuck with the chain drive, and saw that MASSIVE 9' COMMERCIAL PLOW Fisher sells. Also talked with every spreader manufacturer known to man and yes these guys have a LOT of toys. The photos are in my sig, ( I apologize for the glare off the safety cones ), I can't seem to figure out how to post the photos directly to the board . BTW see some of you at the Q . Thanks JD.

2. JD PLOWER

Thanks Paul for the help. Can I post the photo(s) itself to the board ?

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Ya think the 9' Fisher MC plow is big? Check out the 9.5' V Plow and the 10' MC

Geoff

4. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

[​IMG]

not sure but it seems the image is too big

Last edited: Sep 7, 2001
  5. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Sorry i missed ya JD as i was there for both days along with Dino and a few other SIMA members i saw.Great show, though its too bad the states dont advertise that event each year to the contractor market .I am sure attendence would be much higher if contractors knew about it.
    John Parker
    Taconic Maintenance Inc

6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Another great show!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you JD.They had a great array of equipment though.
    Dino I am sorry I didn't get to see you either,I heard you were their with your wife and son I believe?
    John is right,they would have a larger turnout if they advertised it to the contractors.
    I believe next year is in Charleston West Virginia?Oh Boy can't wait. :D

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

JD looked like a great show and place to get info on all the latest plow and snow removal equipment.That 9' fisher MC looked good was that on a 450 or 550?John your right they should advertise it like the mascon show I did not really know about it unless I might of heard about on here.Just as well I would be like a boy in candy store,looking at stuff I will never get but want.

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yeah Mike where were you??? Yes my wife and daughter did attend with me, but we had to leave at 2 so that I could get our 6 yr old off the bus. All the smaller trucks were 550's, except the pick ups that were 250/350's.
    Dino

9. JD PLOWER

Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys either. I was the fat guy with the camera bag ( I know that doesn't really narrow it down) .

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They should have one of these typs of shows at the world trade center or bayside expo in boston.Then all of us could meet there to check out the new stuff out there.Hey JD your not that bad .I think that next show in boston should be anounced so we can all meet up.