1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eastern Ontario 12/21/08

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Gix1k4, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

nice pictures....

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice video looks like you guys got alot of snow. how do you like that arctic plow?

4. 2low

2low Member

i didnt know you were on here its 2low from lss. we did get a lot the first storm took me forever to get heritage square opened up the first storm on the 19th

5. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

It's been rock solid for reliability, but it is a pain to hook up. The "quick connects" on the lines are always seizing up or freezing and the a-frame pins are really tight going in. I still have to pund them in with a hammer and the plow is going on it's 5th year of plowing. I'm seriously thinking of going back to a western (wideout), or the Fisher XLS.

Heritage Plaza in the 'view? It's always fun to do because of the wind off the lake, just drifts in as fast as u clear it...lol. Are you plowing for yourself or subbing for someone else?

6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I had a plow like that once. I'll never buy anything with hydraulic connects again for winter. Same thing, they'd always be iced up, couldn't get the connected or disconnected, got ice/water in the lines, etc.

7. 2low

2low Member

yea heritage plaza in the view. i am a sub for my buddie we have couple big places includeing frontenac mall :dizzy:

8. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

The frontenac mall lot is hell on equipment, i used to plow there too as a sub.

9. 2low

2low Member

its not bad now they fixed most the man holes just only one now around back that's bad we usually have 5 trucks, a backhoe with a pusher blade and we usually get it done in 8-9 hours.

ill send you a pm if we need help / you need more work lol

10. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I'd PM you, but you don't have enough posts yet. So you're working for Tyler? He's a good guy, and has some solid experience on those sites.

11. 2low

2low Member

yeah im working for tyler allthoe my truck didnt pass safty today, didnt think a broken drivers window motor would make me fail :realmad:

12. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

Gix1k4, try Fluid Film on those couplers. Seems to keep water out and keeps things free. I use it on my blower chains, couplers and pretty much anything that has to come apart or move.