1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

East coast weather ! wtf?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

In early december 07, I bought a new Boss 8'2" V XT plow, it was a "good"price brand new at $4800~

I could not find anything of decent value used anywhere within 250+ miles.

Now you can check in the paper, all over the internet etc... Im seeing straight blade Boss plows for 2k and less, stuff that was $3500 12 months ago or newer for half that, plows like mine, a 9 footer XT model never used, sitting for 3 months in jersey for $3200 obo . Seriously, it has to be hurting every other company as it is my own.

In the next month, if these "deals" still exist, im going to buy a plow for my "next" truck and my other truck, the F150. Hopefully the following winters wont be like last and this year.

So far, its Feb 08 and i havnt had to hook up the plow for any reason other than to move it twice :/ Were not even getting flurries or ice, just rain and 50 degrees throughout Jan and Feb every time it rains.

When its not raining its cold and dry :(
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I hear ya man- same deal here- at least I got to plow 3x in December- payed for the plow but haven't made any profit yet. Hopefully we'll get nailed by that storm Henry is talking about on the 10th. payup