1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

East coast spring snow removal equip deals?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I know some parts of the US are getting battered this year, Denver, lol.

Guys on the east coast, or myself in central NJ, that have seen NOTHING this year, not even a dusting now in Mid january. If the trend continues, say we really end up getting NO snow for this season, will retailers discount equipment or keep it onhand until this comming winter?

The local place ive dealt with for most of my equipment, including two 12hp and 13hp Simplicity commercial snowblowers, the owner was telling me almost all of the snow blowers he had in stock early in october, are still there. None are models im looking for $2000+ or such, but he said hed be forced to try to get rid of them at a loss for the sping. I only wish he "stocked" the 48" 2 stage PTO shaft driven Simplicity snow thrower for my new tractor, since its around $2400. I doubt any dealers, "stock" these, but im sure Simplicity will have an overstock of them, even if its only a dozen compared to most seasons, you cant get a hold of these blowers after November/December area.

Lowes/HD and all those stores have TONs of these still, none are marked off, but im sure youll see their $1000 or less blowers marked down a ton, possibly 30-50% by spring time if we see no snow this season.

Same is said for plow setups. I know the local Dealers, Ford/Chevy have TONs of new trucks sitting by the roads on their lots with big plow setups not moving. Would a dealer dismount the plow off the truck to sell it in the spring time or would they just discount the entire truck? I figured id ask, id like to grab a Boss V 8.2" or poly V for next season. Hell if places had a good deal, id take a Blizzard, Boss even a strait plow thats 8-9' wide as long as its hydraulic and not chain raised like westerns or whatever.

The boss V 8ft 2" is somewhere around $4500 in Maryland, under $5k in Jersey, could we possibly see these for $3500 at a plow shop installer or a Ford dealer? I have an 06 F350 that i bit the bullet and figured id stick to my snow blowing for this season and didnt buy it.. Im glad i made that choice for 2006/2007:cry:

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Once the season is over the box mover stores discount the crap out of their remaining inventory...my local HD drops the prices on things like woodstoves, snowblowers, remaining inventory of pellets (if any) by a goof 40% and then 10% off that every week till the stuff is gone in the spring. They simply don't have the room to keep it all and still put out the next season's stuff...plus they have to pay taxes on inventory that goes unsold so its in their best interest to let it go.

Just be careful about playing the waiting game for equipment. Decide on the price you're willing to pay for whatever it is you're looking for and buy it when you see it...otherwise the guy that came into the store an hour after you left might.

3. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Bobcat walk-behind mower deals

I know you are speaking about snow equipment and deals with that sort of stuff,but last Friday I went to my local dealer who sells Stihl,Bobcat,Ferris and so forth and he told me that Bobcat knows the pinch that the guys are in these days with the lack of snow.Alot of snow means guys like you and I buy thousands of dollars in new stuff every spring.No snow and we buy NOTHING!!!Bobcat equipment and the companies that finance the mowers have a 15 months no intrest no pay at the present time.

I run all scag and Toro Z-Masters so this will not help me.However my local GMC dealer has offered me 9K off a 4500 topkick in the lot.I am still thinking on that and still waiting for snow.No SNOW,no SPENDING!.

4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Bingo!! They don't make money unless we make money. The ole trickle down theory. I'm not sure if they'll discount or not, but I really don't see them sitting on it for a full year. JMO.

5. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

GMC dealer wants to deal!

Last post I said no snow,then no spending.My local GMC dealer is hurting so bad then owner called me and said come down I have a great deal for you on that 4500 Topkick.Price on sticker is $51k Last week they came down to $42K.Today the offer was $37,500.They got wheels turning in my head.Told them I will think about it.

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

1990 Int Snow truck for $3,800

This looks like a good value for a 1990 Int...

1990 Ext Int State Truck - $3,800

Date posted: 1/11/2007 9:59:01 AM

Contact Information

Ponderosavile, NH
    Phone: (603) 736-6000

14905_11.jpg

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Just happens, at the one local Lowes today, theyre advertising in the store 20% off all winter items including snow throwers. Doesnt do me any good since like i said before, I already have two new/big walk behinds and am more interested in a snow thrower for my tractor and a plow for my 06 f350.

I hope to still find a deal on a boss or blizzard plow somewhere local. Ill call some dealers sometime to check for the Simplicity blower if any had one in stock from the winter. I dont need anything "big" at the moment like trucks or huge commercial plow setups for skid steers or bobcat machines, but im sure that type of equpiment would drop too.

Im assuming the mowers for the spring, if not cheaper by a little, will have awesome finance offers. Im looking this season to pickup a new 44-48" deck simplicity or Ferris zero turn.... If i see a 0% offer for 18-36 months, im picking it up in April anyway.

8. Oshkosh

There are three cheap spreaders this week...

Downeaster Sander Off 1 Ton Dump - $595
    have cab ctrls, screen cover, out of use for over 2 yrs, may need work

Date posted: 1/11/2007 10:15:57 AM

Contact Information

Worcester, MA
    Phone: (508) 754-6268

14919_1.jpg

9. Oshkosh

The cheap stuff is out there

Curtis TS-17 Sander - $500

Date posted: 1/11/2007 12:14:57 PM

Contact Information

Rochester, NH
    Phone: (603) 332-4700

14971_1.jpg

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Did the truck have a plow or salter on it. You can buy them truck all day for $37k unless it is 4x4 or has some really Fancy box.

Did you get it?

11. Ray48

Ray48 Junior Member

Any way to pay the bills

Me and the crew have sanded a lot of ice and plowed about 2 inches of snow.The only thing thats payed the bills so far is a ice storm we got this week.I contract to the state of vt for excavating and snow plowing and we have been picking up down trees and brush on the road sides with a JD 120 excavator and a couple of Mack Trix dumps.Also most of my plowing is time and mat used to be a no brainer in Vt but next year i will be offering contracts fot the season .Ray 48

12. USIC

USIC Junior Member

hey ramairfreak98, where do you buy your simplicity snowblowers from? i only know of one dealer in central NJ near me where i get mine. and i'm in the market to get one of the smaller models they have as well.

13. Ramairfreak98ss

Well i deal with Grovers in chesterfield, NJ and Larn Barn in Langhorne, PA . Both were bought from lawn barn since the owner, Nick, usually gets them in pretty quick and knows the shipments well. I had to bed two other Simplicity dealers to even see a commercial model in person before hand. I put $100 down on one to intice the one place to get one in so i could buy it, into first week of december, still no Simplicity snow thowers so i bought one from Lawn barn. He had it in 2.5 weeks all ready. Lawn barn also stocks most residential Simplicity snow throwers. The commercial ones he has to order, soon usually because theyre all sold out by end of Nov each year since most parts of the country get snow by then in the west and buy them all up. This year youll probably find ones lelft over im sure. If you ask nick, he can probably still order you a commercial maybe even cheaper than what ive always paid for them. 1-215-757-3850 :) Theyre off of business rt1

14. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Last year I picked up several Snow blowers at the local HD at 50-70% off. It was the last week in Feb. The same store had about 50 of them on display last week. They will be sold. I think I paid 550 for an 11hp Ariens. Just keep checking.
    As far as the plow trucks.
    Got an e-mail from a dealer in PA selling 2007 GMC2500hd with 8ft westerns plows for
    27k.

15. Oshkosh

Anyone seeing prices drop on Used stuff???

I just read threw my local paper and there are a bunch of plow trucks under $2,500 most mid 90's some older some newer,a little less a little more....CRAZY!!!!