1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Easiest way to mount a light bar to backrack L brackets?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Makalumak, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Makalumak

Makalumak Junior Member
    from Raymond

Hey guys. I originally has a whelen guarding light bar and had just mounted it to my bar via drilling some holes. But I replaced it with a brand new whelen justice series bar. I was curious if anyone had pictures or an idea on how to mount it to my backracks L brackets without drilling holes,

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

maybe try the strobe light fourm,,,might have better luck there

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Backtrack sells L brackets I have them on mine ill try finding the link for you I can't post pictures cause I'm doing this from a phone.

4. snowplowpro

from NJ

OK go onto Google type in backtrack brackets and the link with photos will come pop up

5. Makalumak

Makalumak Junior Member
    from Raymond

Yes I know. I have them sitting next to my light bar. I am trying to figure out a low profile way of connecting my lightbar to my L brackets with out drilling holes in my new light bar.

6. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i just welded mine on; but I built the rest of the backrack too. if its welded should be no "bolting" required:mechanic:

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

Is it magnetic or non magnetic cause you be able to bolt either way

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Make an adapter plate with the bolt pattern from the light bar to backrack bolt pattern. Sounds pretty easy.
    T.J.

9. markknapp61

markknapp61 Member

Backrack mounting

I found an economical way to adapt any light to the rack... the pole barn track for the door, cut the notches for the rack and bolt any light you want... The notches are cut in the door slider... I will see if I have pics for you... :):mechanic: