1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Easiest truck install?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowtime, Oct 20, 2005.

1. snowtime

snowtime Junior Member
    from Ohio

Which manufacturer's truck attachment kits are the easiest to install? I'm talking about the drilling/bolting of the pushbar adapter onto the frame. From what I'm looking at, the Fisher/Western seems the easiest (one piece).

Any opinions?
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, Minuite Mounts are easy to bolt up. That the only mount I have ever actually removed from a truck and then re attached to another all by myself. Iam no mechanic thats for sure but I was able to accomplish that fairly easily. Id imagine I could bolt up a Curtis mount if I had to although its a little more complex then a Fisher IMO. I think Meyer EZ Mount and MDII would be more difficult but I have never actually worked with one. The others Iam not going to specualate because I really dont know.

I can say with a lot of confidence that Fisher is the easiest.
  3. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I just installed an 8' Western Pro Plow on my 2004 chev and installing the mounts on the truck was a very simple procedure. I took off the tow hooks, drilled two holes for each mount and put in 5 bolts per side.(used 3 existing holes) easy,easy,easy:)

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

western by far.
  5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Western by far? Fisher does not need holes drilled in 04 Chevy.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Put my Boss on my 03 GMC HD And did not have drill either,complete bolt on!
  7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

the new blizzard 3 piece mount is hands down the easiest. I bet jerre can agree.
  8. snowtime

snowtime Junior Member
    from Ohio

I'm not sure - but aren't they the same now?
  9. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

My Fisher was very easy. The unibit I used made it even easier.
  10. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Yes it does.

My Fisher was fairly easy. Did it myself, took ,my time and went over everything twice. The biggest pain in the A$$ was drilling the holes in the frame. It's easier if you have someone there to hold the mount while you bolt it up. Those things aren't light.
  11. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Western Ultra mount on a 2002 Chevy 250HD was simple for me..

6 bolts, 3 each side, just remove the tow hook and put the frame in place and put the bolts in. DONE!!! Didn't even take one full beer to do it.