1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Easiest frame to install on 2001 GMC 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by motox, Dec 6, 2012.

1. motox

motox Junior Member

Whats the easiest plow frame to install on a 2001 GMC 2500

Comparing either western unimount/ ultra mount/ or a boss plow.

I installed a ultramount onto my f350 and it was a pain in the A$$.

Please let me know what you would recomend
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Western Ultra mount.

You could install one in 20 minutes with one broken arm... 30 minutes if both of your arms are broken.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

On a more serious note... the Ultra mount is very easy to install on that particular truck. No holes to drill. Remove the factory tow hooks and it uses all existing holes. I do them on a lift with air tools - 10 minutes per side.

I can't speak for the Boss mount, but the most immediate issue that comes to mind is that you'd have to hook a Boss plow to it when you're done. :D
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i just pulled a western ultra mount from a 06 2500hd

4 bolts per side / mount .

otherwise this mount is stupid easy ..

and fyi go on western or fisher site and pull up publications listing and you can get direction off there site for each setup to read up before you buy / install.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Fisher mm2 is very easy.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're all easy on that truck so don't use that criteria to chose a plow. Support is far more important.