1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ease of Installing an 800?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Allagash, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I'm curious as to how straightforward the installation is on an 800. I've instaled a Pathfinder plow before and it was not that difficult. It took me a full day to completely install it with wiring. Is it any easier or worse to install than say a Boss or Western?

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think they are easy to install. I built my 810 myself and outside of some mods I thought it needed it was less than the day.

3. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Pro Image was $600 more.

What do you mean you built your 810? Did you modify an 800 and install wings on it?

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

No, they come in a crate and you assemble it. The wings are on but thats it.

5. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Ok, I got it now.

6. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

What kind of mods are you talking about? Just installed my 810.

7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I made it so the manifold is flipped over so the hoses are on the top. The way it was before the hoses were under pressure of the manifold and just seemed like a ****** way to mount it, now if a hose breaks I can change it out quick.