1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Earthway C24HD review (push spreader)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Dec 17, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Yesterday I picked up the Earthway C24HD spreader for $380 at my local distributor. I wanted to buy local, even thought I could have saved myself $30 or so online. I have never purchased a heavy duty commercial spreader before, usually just pay the $20 for a cheap box store one. I got home and put it together, took about an hour and a half (not the best at putting crap together). Very heavy duty, very sturdy. It has a 75lb load capacity, I sprayed it with fluid film to try to keep it going for a long haul investment. Just got done testing out the spread on my driveway (rock salt) and let me tell you the thing is awesome! It has a great even spread and the amount of salt you will end up saving is amazing as well. Such an even spread and nice throw that I know that in the end it will end up saving me on seed/salt/fert. I highly recommend the c24hd if you are in need of a good spreader. The only thing I could say that it lacks in is that the smallest spread I could get was around 4' or so. Meaning if you have a narrow walk way, some of the salt will over shoot off the walkway. Other than that i'm very happy with it. They also had another spreader, forget the model #, that's aluminum frame (at +$200 though).

Hope this helps anyone who may be thinking about pulling the trigger on a spreader and is worried about the upfront cost!ussmileyflag

2. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Great review!!!! Im actually looking (and been looking for reviews) on a good sidewalk spreader as I do a lot of banks and need CONTROL of the amount of peladow put down and limit the spread pattern to different size walks. Thought about a drop spreader but still haven't found excellent reviews on anything except the one that's over a thousand bucks (epoke)....... Great review!!!

3. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Just got done using it tonight, was out plowing the 20 or so accounts I have and used it at almost every location. They spread is built well and had no problem with the 10 50lb bags of salt that I fed through it. It wasn't too bad to lift up and out of my truck either. ( I grab it over the bed rail, didn't open the tailgate to fetch it out). Has a little bit of weight to it but not bad at all. Glad you liked the review!

4. dusty0

dusty0 Junior Member

i use a spyker spreader and they are great only problem i have sometimes is i overload it with product and the drive wheel will slide on patches of snow however i have fixed that issue by cutting the aggitator in half so i get less resistance in the whell allowing my to put a full 40kg bags of rocksalt in it