1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Early thoughts on extreme-v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by M&M, Dec 28, 2008.

1. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have a new 8'6" stainless extreme-v on my 02 Chevy 2500HD and have had 3 storms to plow with it. I have a total of 48 residential accounts all fairly large driveways in a very tight route. This fall I changed to the 2" stops and staking is awesome! The speed of the plow is fast and response is immediate. But the 3 major advantages of the v plow are:

1) Plowing up the driveway in an "L" shape or _/ shape is a big help to start.

2) A mini scoop provides width and snow retention to save time.

3) Backdraging (I don't do much of it) is very good and works best in a slight V.

The attack angle of the plow provides exceptional scaping and is able to plow up most of the packed snow from cars traveling on it before I arrive.

I am very impressed with this plow so far as the cutting edge shows little to no wear and the whole plow has no signs of wear either. After plowing with this blade for only a couple hours, I was upset that I didn't upgrade to a v from a straight blade sooner. I really hope I never have to plow with a straight blade again. I would not be able to do all 48 accounts with my old 7'6" MM1. Bottom line...This blade makes money!payup
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I love my XV. The Vee is great getting through heavy snow, and Scoop makes cleanup much faster in parking areas.
  3. Adair350

Adair350 Member

Couldn't agree more!! I Love my X V Don't think I would go back to a strait blade. The More you use it the more you will love it I am actually thinking of upgrading my 8' 6" to a 9' 6".
  4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The term for 1, is Dogleg, very useful for keeping the windroll low or non-exist infront of cars.

Love our XV, and plan to change another straight to XV next year.
  5. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

"This fall I changed to the 2" stops and staking is awesome! "
    M&M, the 2" stops you are using, are they designed for the old EZ V plow? I have an 8.5' SS Extreme V on my 2000 2500 silverado, and have the 4" stops and would like to pick the blade higher, do you experiance any interference between the passenger's side wing and the pump housing with the 2" stops?? could you show some pics with the plow fully lifted, with some closeups of pump clearance??

Very much appreciated

P.S. I am a new plower, and I love my extreme V so far! in SS it sure gets looks and compliments, but after using the V I would not want to plow with a straight blade...