1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

early 1 ton lifts?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by doomont84, Nov 25, 2002.

1. doomont84

doomont84 Junior Member

I have an 85 silverado crewcab dually. I was thinking about lifting it. However i cannot fine anybody thats sells kits for a 1 ton. Does anybody know where or how to find or build something...

2. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

I Imagine if you got Blocks for the Back that were the right size, longer u-bolts and Frnt Lift springs and Shocks You could Lift it pretty easily You could use front springs from a Kit made for a 3/4ton.
  3. long0

long0 Senior Member

I guess I don't understand the purpose of lifting a dually. The purpose of a dually is work! What kind of work do you do that requires a lift?:confused: :confused:
  4. tecton

tecton Junior Member
    from WV

youd be suprised in wv how many people have lifted trucks for work
    power company has alot...they have to get up in the boonies and what not...but alot of people live in these places...

try skyjacker, or procomp....

if not them give a 4x4 shop a call and ask them
  5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

That is one bad ass ride you got I've always wanted that truck an 80's K10 or 20 so nice.
  6. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Hey thanks alot Eric it came quite aways over the last year and a half I should post the before Pic. Running the old iron has its ups and downs though better than a payment i guess.