1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eagle V-Plow on Honda Rubicon

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jserr68594, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jserr68594

jserr68594 Junior Member

I have been researching the V-plows that American Eagle sells. They offer the blade in 60" or 66" (When Straight). The larger blade measures 58" when in the "V" position. Here is a picture of the larger plow:

I have a Honda Rubicon 500. The measurement from outside edge to edge on the front tires is about 43". I plow a 850' rural driveway with it currently with a 60" Moose County Plow.

Which blade do you think will work best? Any input is appreciated!
  2. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

Every Eagle V plow I can find on various sites has been discontinued. Where are you planning to purchase yours?
  3. jserr68594

jserr68594 Junior Member

4. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

Thank you. I am considering a V plow and have the same question so I am interested in the answer.
  5. whitegoldrider

whitegoldrider Member

How does your machine hold up with your current set-up with the amount of snow you get and the driveway terrain? If you lose traction often, I would go with the smaller blade. If it holds up ok, I would try the bigger blade and if it's too much for your machine, plow mostly in the v-blade position and if plowing with straight blade, just don't push with a full blade. Maybe take a 3/4 or even 1/2 pass. Also, if it were me, I would go with a mid-mount since your chassis is on the smaller side to better balance the stress across your frame. Just my thoughts though. Good luck with whatever you end il with and post up pics when you get a chance.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014