1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eagle snow plows and winch's

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by eck357mag, Aug 30, 2010.

1. eck357mag

eck357mag Junior Member

Hi,first I wanted to say this is a great website.Well I have a sportsman 800 and wanted to put a plow on it,but Im not sure whether or not to get 60",66",or 72".I usually get alot of snow.I just got a price from American Mgf for eagle 66" plow and winch for $700 and just not sure if I should go with that winch dont Know much about them.The plow looks like something I would want just not sure on size.Any advise would be great.Thanks

2. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Haven't heard much about the American Mfg winches. I've had good luck with Warn winches, and have heard a lot of good things about Viper winches.

As for the plow, I don't know if I'd want to go with anything larger than a 60" plow on an ATV. I had an Eagle plow on my last ATV, and it was excellent. I'll be ordering another one soon for my new ATV.

Good luck with your decisions.

3. 09' XP 850

09' XP 850 Junior Member

I just ordered a 72' Moose system for my 850 XP, I've been told the blade is to big for my bike but I disagree, I will let you all know how it works once we get some snow!

4. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

I modded a 48" to be 72" and it was on a Honda 450 (light machine) it handled it ok in the smaller downfalls and drier snow we get here in Manitoba (Canada). I have had 60" on Cats (heavy machine) and likely wouldn't bother going bigger and especially with heavy/wet snowfalls.