1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eagle Front Mount Plows

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 450foreman04, Sep 23, 2010.

1. 450foreman04

450foreman04 Junior Member

I am looking to buy a plow for my 2004 Honda Foreman ES. I would only be plowing my driveway and maybe a neighbors. No commercial use. I use my ATV for fun more than anything and want something that doesnt effect the ground clearance and is easy to remove and attach. I was thinking about the Eagle front mount 54" plow. Does this sound like a good setup? Anyone experience problems with the front mounts (bent frame)?

2. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

I had a front mount (Glacier II) on my old PoPo... it was junk. The mount bent, and it bent the frame and almost got the radiator. I guess they are OK if you have a nice paved "sissy" driveway, but I have a big dirt/rock driveway.

With that said, the Eagle mount and the Foreman frame may hold up better... but I will never buy another one. :) I like my Eagle push tube mount, and a lot of folks here like the Moose push tube and the Warn push tubes.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would look into the Moose RMIII system easy on and off for the plow. and no loss of ground clearance.

just my thoughts.

4. 450foreman04

I dont think the moose system has mounts for my 2004 honda foreman 450. I cant find a listing for it in their catalog. If I am missing something please let me know.

5. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Email them, or give them a call. Then you will know for sure.

6. BowHuntnFool

BowHuntnFool Junior Member

I purchased a 54" Eagle front fount for my 08 Grizzly 700 and love it. No problem at all with it holding up. I can attach blade or remove it in about 30 seconds. I left the front mount bracket on all summer and it never interfered with any trail riding. I would definitely recomend buying this. Only problem I had was when plow was in up position and I was wanting to lower it to plow, and hit the up switch on winch. Broke the hook off twice, but plow held up fine.

7. 450foreman04

I was actually thinking of getting the 54". How wide of a path does it clear? When at an angle does it still cover entire width of the machine?

8. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Not sure on the width of your Foreman, and if you have stock tires/wheels. However, the 54" blade should still cover the entire width on the first angle. The second angle will probably be close, but again, that depends on the width of your machine.

9. BowHuntnFool

I do not remember the tires being wider than the plow on the second angle. I can mount this weekend and let you know the total width the plow will cover.

10. BowHuntnFool

The plow will clear a path around 44" wide when it is set at its maxium angle. So you lose around 5 inches on each side. Hope this helps you out.

11. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

That seems about right... my 60" plow just covers the width of the front tires when it's on the second angle. However, I rarely ever use the second angle... usually just the first angle.