1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60h won't lower

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bluemonster, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bluemonster

bluemonster Junior Member
    from CT

Have a Meyers E60H stuck in the up position. My S.A.M. membrane controller shows "overload" light when down button is pressed. Think it may be related to the "A" coil and valve, but my "A" coil (black wire) is black and square in appearance unlike any I have seen or found in any manuals or websites. Any help in troubleshooting electrically or understanding my module style coil would be appreciated

2. bluemonster

from CT

P.S. angling functions seem to work and problem developed after being parked for a short time after plowing for about an hour. Help!!!

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

If its over loading the control then the coil is either bad or it not making connection to the valve. if it wasnt over loaded and still wasnt going down id tell you to pull the a valve and to watch your feet. if it dosent drop then, Its the lift ram its self

4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

magnetism at the "A"?

Filters plugged?

Search for the meyer manual - there is a flow chart on what steps to follow and what to test to solve your problem

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

If the controller is over loaded there wont be magnetism

6. bluemonster

from CT

Thanks for the suggestions. Will be checking for magnetism. Presumed the overload light represented a short which I imagine is a short in the coil. My other concern is the shape and style of the coil body. Mine is square and plastic looking rather than similar to the cylindrical and metal style B and C coils as well as those replacements I have seen perusing sites like this and the manual. Wondering if this is an aftermarket replacement as I found there are different sizes 3/8 vs. 5/8 but haven't seen one shaped like this...

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

replace square a coil with 5/8 round a coil no problems