1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60h wont angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrfiestas, Jan 26, 2014.

1. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

The plow is cuurently stuck in a left turn and wont angle in either direction, well at least it wont go right but I think it wouldn't respond in either direction as I recal lbut it will go up and down. I put in a quart of fluid thinking that was going to fix the problem but that didn't change things. I have unplugged and replugged the 17 pin connector as that would correct things when it wouldn't go down sometimes. What steps should I take to isolate this? thanks!

2. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Other info

Admitadly, I should have realized something was wrong as I was frequently having to turn my touch pad off and on as it would go in to default mode usually when it wouldn't go down or go down part way or go up part way. If that didn't work, I would unplug and replug the connector and that would rest things to work again.
    Now, when I touch the turn buttons I can hear it trying (the motor turning?) to work.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check C coil for magnetism, green wire. If you have magnetism replace C valve. No magnetism, check for power with test light. If you have power replace C coil. No power you problem with harness or control.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Ok, very good, I will check C coil for magnetism tomorrow and report back!

6. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

This may sound dumb, but how do I check for magnetism by myself?

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well if you have really really long arms it can be done otherwise you need one person to run the controller and one to check for magnetism on the coil.

8. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Am I right in thinking that the sound Im hearing when I push the turn button is the motor running which would then mean that the coil would then be magnetized?

9. kimber750

C Coil is magnetized when pressing right. If you are by yourself you can run a jumper wire from battery to Green wire. This should magnetize the coil. Another thing to check is to remove the coil. If coil is difficult to remove C valve is swollen and therefor damaged.

10. kimber750

Also if you have quick connects, hook them together, lift plow, move to right by hand then reconnect the hoses to the pump. Does it go left when pressing right? Does it move at all?

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Coils good have corrosion too.

12. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

or the valves in the pump could be frozen
    since he had to add a quart of fluid, there is a leak somewhere and it most likely has condensation/ice in it.

13. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Had to use the backup truck today and just got back to eat and go to bed so I will be checking on what has been suggested and hopefully get to it tomorrow and report back. Needless to say, we got hit hard! thx

14. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

PS, I never saw a leak!

15. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

our e60 just had basically the same problem.... we miss diagnosed it several times and it came down to the controller being bad. We couldnt get magnetism at the coil because of this. Needless to say it now has a new c valve and coil because the c valve had spiked. In the process of getting the c valve out the stud on the b valve broke so now we have a new b valve too. Cleaning the terminals on the solenoid resulted in a broken terminal, so a new solenoid is on there as well. FYI the new pistol grip controller is a vast improvement over the touchpad. Hope this helps if you did not get it fixed yet. :mechanic:

16. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Your c valve is stuck or swollen.

Replace it and your problem is solved

17. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

I have substituted another controller with no change so Im thinking the prob is at the pump but will be checking it out tomorrow as I have will have time then.

R7519 What do you mean when you say the C valve spiked and why do you like the new controller? thx

Kimber750 How does the C valve swell and how does this affect things? thx

18. kimber750

A hard hit or water freezing can cause the stem to swell. There for damaging the piston inside the valve.

19. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

The new controller is express up/down/left/right. Double click any direction and it goes to the limit. Press and hold for any part way move. I used that truck the other morning on some touch-ups and found it to be so much better than the old touch pad. Not nice enough to let my guy use the Boss plow, but nice enough that I will jump in that truck for little stuff that doesnt need a v-plow.
    As far as the c-valve spiked, it is just like Kimber750 said about c-valve being swollen, just different terminology.

20. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Remember that the double click is model 22690DC, not 22690x.