1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60H slow to raise and weeps down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by getsum, Jan 16, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

my meyer E60H just started to weep down the last storm and leak ALOT of oil out. every half a mile or less i have to constantly push the raise button to raise it almost a foot. it weeps down to the ground in just a couple minutes. and it is leaking oil on the top of where the piston is packed into the cylinder. i pulled the piston out and the rubber seals towards the end are warn quite a bit and im thinking the oil is bypassing the seal and seating on top so when i raise the plow the motor strains to lift the plow and send the oil back down by the seals to the pump or through the top of the cylinder. is it just the piston seal/packing kit? the motor NEVER strained or changed pitch till this. and it is REALLY slow to raise.... any input would be GREAT

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

are you saying the motor is straining to lift now in addition to the leak?

3. wva

wva Member

hey you need a basic seal kit its $30 from smithbrosparts.com it's a fairly easy fix :waving:

4. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

i pulled the piston back out and there is minimal oil on top of the rubber seal. the motor is straining pretty bad now and is weeping pretty bad. i hope to god i didnt run it dry and heat it up. i high chained it as soon as i found it and started acting up. i guess ill have to take it to the shop... dont have the xtra cash but we have a storm coming tuesday and im going to be in trouble...

5. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

FIXED:mechanic:

6. kenmaxwell2

kenmaxwell2 Junior Member

how did you fix it replace seals?

7. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

that i did. i pulled the piston out. replaced the lower o-ring, removed the brass ring and replaced the rubber seal on the piston and smaller o-ring. re- installed it and flushed the system. (alot of slushy oil). after the new oil was in and cleared the small vent on the top of the pump all the air worked its way out and i left the plow up in the air for 3hrs and it didnt wheep even a 1/4 of an inch. motor sounds ALOT better and it stays put. we will see how she handles 10inches of wet crap tomorrow:salute:

8. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Did you do it your self? If so where did you get the manual for the steps? Ours is doing the same thing.

9. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I had to replace mine had the end of last season. Then at the start of season I had to do it again. If you dont clean the sleeves up and take the rust of it wont be long before your doing another seal!

glad your pushing again

11. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Hey thanks Chris. and yes i fixed it with my dad. it was actually easy. just make 100% sure everything is clean and fresh. lubing up the o rings with new oil helps also Thumbs Up
    it sounds harder than it is.there is just basic parts in there