1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60H Plow stuck right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nascar24, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have a E60H that was rebuilt and used for two minor storms, first time out plow got stuck in the angled right position. I checked for maganetism and got a weak magnetic pull, I took the c -coil of cleaned the top of the coil, top of the valve stud and underside as well, reconnected and tightened coil .Everything worked fine. in my garage and hooked back on the truck, worked the plow at least 20 cycles.

The plow went out on it's second storm, angled a few times and is again stuck in the angled right position.

I'm going to check the coil again, but I'm thinking to check the couplings or crossover valve, any advice would be welcomed since we got an unknown event taking place today into tomorrow.

BTW it has new hoses, couplings and angle cylinders as well.

Thanks

Jay

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If fooling around on the top of the C valve temporarily fixed the issue then the C valve is swollen and hanging up. By disturbing it while working with the coil (loosening and re-tightening the nut) the spool will pop back to its closed position thus allowing it to work again, although temporarily.

A weak mag on the C valve won't cause it to stick to the right, because it doesn't need mag to go in the opposite direction, and it can't because the C valve is stuck open anyway.

Change the C valve.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks B&B for the suggestion,

I'm hesitant to replace the C-valve since when the pump was remaned a new C-valve was installed , so I'm sorta not so sure.. The plow doesn't appear to have any heavy marks on the fresh paint from strking a obstacle and of coarse the operator won't admit to it even if he had and it is possible that it is defective ?

I spoke with the operator earlier today, he said he tried not angle the plow all the way to the right, and found that it kept angling left and right no problem, as long as he didn't go to the full extent of the angle,
    So I took another look at the truoble shooting chart and after reading the trouble shooting chart I'm wondering if the ram is "over extending? The chart suggest 1/2" filler blocks be added to the stops to prevent fully extending the rams ? It's a quick , no cost fix, so Monday we'll try the spacers, if that doesn't work then I'll replace the C valve, AGAIN , lol

Thanks again

Jay

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as the plow itself isn't excessively worn (thus causing an over travel) then it's a C valve for sure.

Functioning perfectly unless its FULLY angled right is a classic sticking C valve symptom.