1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60H Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DuramaxPlow, Jan 11, 2009.

1. DuramaxPlow

DuramaxPlow Junior Member
    from Ma

Hi Im new here, I have a E60H, and its giving me trouble. It works then wont work. The solinoid clicks when it wont work, If i get out and tap the solinods it will then usually work. It also seems to be going slow. Any Help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Mcgyver2112

Mcgyver2112 Junior Member

sound like the valves are sticking. They may be all gunked up or there could be water mixed with the fluid and freezing up on you. You might want to pull the vavle out and check its condition.

3. DuramaxPlow

from Ma

What valves Should I be checking out. Is there a procedure to this? I have the manual to refer to. Will the pressure be effected by checking there valves? Thank you for your help.

4. DuramaxPlow

from Ma

I Took the three coils off and pulled the valves out, The valves apeared to look fine, I cleaned the coils up. It works then it still has the same problem, slow and does not always want to work. I went throught the connections, cleaned the ground. What should i do now? I ordered a replacement motor and will install it as soon as i get it. I thinking the motor may be weak.

5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

If your solenoid clicks, and the motor doesn't operate, you have an electrical problem. Start by cleaning all positive, and negative power connections including inspecting the cable ends for corrosion. Consider a continuous duty solenoid to replace the cheapy that came with your plow. Next, if it is the motor, do not buy one of those $50 junks off of eBay, they don't last! Pay the $150 at the dealer, these last much longer. :salute:

6. DuramaxPlow

from Ma

Thanks For the reply, I bought a $109.00 off ebay O well its in the mail. I will go through the connections. the connections on the motor are frozen up, the stud in the motor is comming out when i try to take the cables off. Thats why i bought an extra motor, I dont want to strip the stud out on the inside the motor. As for the solenoid, ill pick one up, what is on it now an Intermittent Duty Solenoid? Whats the difference?

7. DuramaxPlow

from Ma

I put the new motor on it, It works great now, I plowed all day today, Im going to rebuild my other motor and keep as a spare. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  8. Rob Abner

Rob Abner Junior Member

Where can I find continuos duty solenoid?