1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60h C Cartridge Ballooning?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LockedUP, Feb 20, 2008.

1. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

My C green wire cartridge is ballooning to the point where the coil has to be destroyed to get it off. The shaft of the cart is all out of shape from high pressure...It happens when the crossover valve is used as its supposed to be used. I am looking for answers to see whats going on. I took those problem prone quick release fittings and chucked em. I bought some fittings and piped it up. Real easy. So now I'm waiting for another cart in the mail to see if I got it fixed...When this happens I have no left. I have to go right and then it will go left.. MAYBE..This is the second cart so I'm getting poor. I don't think it was OEM although the ebay ad said it was, it didn't say meyer on it like the original. Took 5 mins to blow the second one..

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very common problem on the Meyer pumps for years...The cross over's can't relieve the pressure quick enough when an obstacle is hit.

The newer style one piece cross overs don't fix the problem either..just makes them easier to change when they're damaged.

No real solution to it. Except don't hit anything.
  3. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Ya I have the one piece crossover now.. My first coil lasted 4 years..Since the pressure goes to the other ram I was thinking I may have had a quick connector issue. At one point when it wouldn't go left I pulled the right side hyd hose off and put it back on and then all was fine..I was moving a big pile of snow taking the edge of the plow and shaving off a little at a time very slowly. Many times the crossover had to work when I hit a piece of ice or hard snow. I was just crawling. That shouldn't hurt the c valve but it trashed the replacement.