1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Wont Raise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MACDADDY0401, Dec 30, 2006.

1. MACDADDY0401

MACDADDY0401 Junior Member
    from indiana

hello- well i posted last week that my plow was slowly leaking down, eveyrthing else worked great- left/right/ up down- it just wouldnt hold-
    so anyway- i ended up having to get a new packing cup, that was what we believed was causing the creeping down- had also checked the (a) valve and it was clean and moving easy. the packing cup was scared up and cut in some places -it looked pretty bad , i also put in a new bottom o-ring. the only thing i know, is this new packing cup seems to have a small ridge on it- and it was really really hard to put the unit back down inside the cylinder- but i got it ok- i hooked it all back up- and it wont raise... motor is ok, and it will angle left and right, but when i hit the up button(touchpad) it wont raise,you can hear the motor , but it wont go up..and when i let off the button, it(the blade) will twich left..
    i thought i had it wired wrong,so i moved them around, and doing that i get all lefts or all rights, but no up..
    looking at my e-60 my (a)coil has a black wire, my (b) has a white wire my (c) has a blue wire--my harness off the truck is all black wires,but has a green connector,a tan ,and a blue. - ive tried about every cobination i can think of, still no up...
    should i tear back into the packing cup ??

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your B valve isn't working. In case your not sure the B valve is the one with the red wire....now I know you didn't even say you had a red wire but I'd say your "white" wire is just your red wire's thats been faded out by the sun cause you also said you have a "blue" wire too and these pump's don't have a blue wire ( should actually been green) Either the coil isn't getting power, the coil is bad or the valve itself is stuck. First thing you want to do is check the coil for magnetism. While having a helper hold the control in the raise position take a wrench or a large screwdriver and hold it near the top of the coil. If the coil has power and it's good you will feel it pull on the wrench.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

You mentioned having replaced the bottom o-ring. Did you size the o-ring to the bottom of the barrel. There are 2 different size o-rings for down there, it depends on the packing size (2 different as well). What I think may have happened it that the o-ring is either wrong or it got cut when the barrel got set back in. The "twitch" tells me that the red wire valve is working as it is snapping shut when you let off the up button and directing oil to the right cylinder momentarily.
    Lon

5. MACDADDY0401

from indiana

I Have Magnetism !

ok well, i tried the up button and had a screwdriver on the b coil-sucked it right down,hard- so its not the coil right ?..- and like i said, the up ,and everything else had worked fine up till i changed my packing cup to fix my leaking down problem. so im draining the pump now, ill take the unit inside and tear into it, i might add to LON that the bottom o ring i changed was the smaller one that is on the threaded shaft which my packing cup slides on to -i inspected and cleaned the larger o-ring in the bottom of the sump- it looked fine., its got me scratching my head- all worked fine before the packing cup change, and boy it was a tight fit going back into the cylinder- im headed out to the garage now to set the unit up on my work bench, and thinking i will tear back into that packing cup area and see what i can see. any thoughts

6. MACDADDY0401

from indiana

Update On The E-60 Packing Cup

ok- so i tore it down and it the ram ect, all looks like it did when i slaped it together yesterday - now here is something interesting- i have a E-60,,not a e-60H.. so acording to what i read on line, the correct packing cup is a # 15691, but when i called my parts dealer, he claimed they didnt have one,and all they had ever sold-stocked was a # 15162- which how i read is for a 8" stroke,, so anyway- the dealer asked if id just bring in the piston/packing cup, so my wife took it- they at the shop dug around,and simply slide off the old, and slid on a new one that they said came out of a rebuild kit that wasnt being used..- didnt even charge us- a freebie... well i was happy for that- but im wondering and have a hunch that i have the wrong packing cup - but it does really look like my old one!!- are they that close ,looking alike ???- could it be that its the wrong cup? - here is one more thing i just noticed- when i just now tore it down, the cylinder/ram all out, well at the bottom of the sump is a large o-ring, and it still looks fine, directly under that is a small chamber for i guess the trash fluid/drain area- at the top of this small opening (like where the ram might get close to- it looks like something has recently bottomed out there causing 4 small indentions(in a cross shape around the top of that chamber opening- like the bottom of the ram has whacked it hard or something ? - i honestly dont recall seeing that there before ??
    any ideas ????

7. MACDADDY0401

from indiana

update on packing cup

well looking on line again, i seen a pic of the e-60 down at the bottom under the ram area- and it also has the 4 cross like spots- so , its ok- suppose to look like that-
    so if i reassemble this- is the propper way is to set o ring on cylinder place that down in there, then slide the ram unit inside that and such(i aint kidding, its a tight fit on this new packing cup) and one more question, when i have the packing cup on the piston, and i slide on the flat washer, then a nut- when i get that nut tight as i can, should you still be able to move spin/turn the actual rubebr packing cup, i mean it all loks snug, and the bolt is tight as i can get it , but i can still turn the rubber cup with my fingers.

8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Yes it is normal to be able to turn thr packing cup on that pump. Are you puting the ram in the cylinder from the top or the bottom? is there a small o-ring inside the packing cup? I wuld check the oring in the base where the cylinder slides in that will cause leak down or prevent the plow from going up if there is a problem.

9. MACDADDY0401

from indiana

its working !

beats the heck out of me - i tore it all apart and put it back together checking the /cleaning the o-rings again- looked like it did when i did it yesterday- anyway- this time it worked !!! - up fine- angle fine- holds without leaking down..so , i guess its done !
    thanks for the help everyone !!

10. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I have the exact opposite problem. mine wont go down! Any ideas?