1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 won't lower -----

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Nov 21, 2009.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

What would cause an E60 to get "stuck" in the Full Upward position?

Everything works properly. It's just that sometimes (only when the blade is ALL THE WAY UP) it won't lower. It will eventually lower, but only after power cycling the controller, and just waiting.

When it does get "stuck", and you try to lower it, the controller seems to think everything's ok - even thinking it's in Float.

It doesn't happen all the time, AND, it NEVER happens if the blade is only part-way up.

(it's a Classic Mount on an 02 F250/diesel)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely a mechanical issue. Bent ram, worn ram guide or worn lift arm/pivots causing incorrect (over center) geometry. Second possibility would be a weak A coil or sticking A valve when there's max pressure in the lift ram.

Next time it gets stuck remove the A coil and SLOWLY loosen the A valve a few turns until fluid begins to leak out around the valve base. Does the plow now lower as it does? If so, then it's an A valve issue. If it still doesn't, then it's a mechanical (binding) issue.

3. grec-o-face

BB, thanks for your help.

Will it help to ID the problem if I tell you that I ran this E60 on my previous set-up last year.
    I was finishing up a driveway one night --- when I went to raise the blade, the motor fired, and the blade started to raise, only it would not hold. It just fell as soon as I let go of the button. I got it home and found (I think) a bad a ground to the coil. Cleaned the grounding surface and was up and running....
    Could the problems be related? Would a coil or valve replacement remedy the problem?
    (I've been up and down the manual, front and back....)

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A bad ground to the A coil? There is no ground on the coils, they're grounded through the valve they set on. But regardless a poor ground wouldn't cause it to drop on it own anyway, thats a stuck A valve...which definitely could be related to your current condition (hint hint :D).

If you do change the A valve and or coil be sure to get the round coil not the square one (if that's what you currently have) as the square ones had and created all sorts of issues.

5. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

i have the same proble, i t seems like it only gets stuck if i raise it all the way.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  6. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

this is exactly what i do to lower it. i tried claening it and it seemed free. so would i just need a new one?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In your case it's likely a plugged A valve. Even though the valves have a scree on them the fine stuff still gets through and after enough time can restrict the internal valve spool.

8. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

what is the easiest way to fix it? clean screens?

9. grec-o-face

I just found one online for like $34. I think I'm gonna replace it - seems cheap enough.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Replace it. :nod: