1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 won't lift but will angle each way-HELP

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Earl W., Feb 5, 2010.

1. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Pump worked fine for 3-4 hours. Now it will angle fine but wont' lift except for one time (just once) after I removed the coil and wiped it clean and used some emory cloth on the valve. Prior to that I checked the B coil (red wire) and had voltage when operating the switch but no magnetism that I could feel. Fluid is fine also.

Is there ANYTHING I can do NOW to get it to lift.

I have a E46 for parts.

2. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Can I swap the c coil to the b valve and not connect the power to the c?

I think this will make it angle left, but will it cause any harm like keep powering left?

How about going back to manual angle; can I connect the hoses together and move blade by hand and pin in position?

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

4. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Thanks JMR for the reply. That's the flow chart I have from the Meyer O&M manual and they both lead to replacing B coil. I don't have any spares or parts store available.

What I was hoping for was a work-around. I have since swapped the B and C coils and it will raise but defaults left, so of course this proves the B coil is defective.

Right now it's worse than the old manual ST-90 cause I have to swap the good coil and angle the plow as needed. Tomorrow I may try hooking the two hoses together and using a pin.

I just have to plan my work accordingly. Boy has the power angle spoiled me. Of course this happens during one of the biggest snow storms of the last 25 years.

5. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Someone else correct me if I am wrong but I believe the B and C coils are the same except for the wire color. They should be interchangeable just remember which one is the "right" one when plugging in.

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Yup , same coil except wire color.

Got any freinds with Meyer setups you could bum a coil off of to get you through the storm?

Don't discount the A&A , Advance and Autozone stores , around here they carry the basic's for plows also .

Good luck .

TOM

7. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

TSC ( tractor supply company ) and Napa usually have some parts also. Thank goodness we have CPW (sponsor up on top) nearby that stays open in storms like that.

8. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

None of the auto parts stores have them around here.

I'll check at TSC (I have bought plow stuff there before) but at this point I'll probably just get OEM. The meyer supplier opens on monday so I plan on buying what I need and a spare. I have several other spare parts just not a coil.