1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Won't Go Up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by B&E snowplowing, Dec 28, 2011.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

I have a E60 pump with a slick stick controller, and when I put the stick in the raise position, the plow goes to the left.

This only happens SOME times not all the time, and when it does go to the left, I just try to raise the plow again and it usually works, I have had to try and raise the plow a couple of time, but normally by the third try the plow will raise, rather then go to the left.

The slick stick, the harness, actually everything on the truck side is Brand New from Meyers. It was just installed in November.

Does anyone have any ideas......Maybe my "B" valve and coil are bad ??????

Thanks
    Brian

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You got the right idea, sounds like B valve sticking. Don't think it is the coil, normally they just quit working. Just to be sure have some one check for magnetism on the B coil when pressing up.

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Just asking to cover the basic's. You do have plenty of clean fluid. I have had some times where after driving with the wind chill on the pump ice forms from some small amonts of water and plugs the valves remember default is not to raise and go left. If all that is good then it is a sticking valve.

4. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Thanks for your help. Yes the fluid is right up and clean, the pump was just serviced so off I go to get a "B" valve.

Thanks again

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

yep better safe then sorry