1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Won't Drop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KevinACrider, Feb 1, 2011.

1. KevinACrider

KevinACrider Junior Member

This morning my E60 worked fine. Half way through my first lot it stopped going down. Left, right and up work fine but it will not drop. Not even in float with me pushing it down.

I searched here and tried to adjust my drop speed bolt, no avail. I did the magnetic test and I do have power to my A coil. I removed the A valve and it looks fine, nothing visually wrong but I didn't tear it apart yet. I have fresh fluid in, only 2 days old.

What else can I do short of replacing the A valve at $100?
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

could still have water in it. Try warming it before buying anything.
    $100 valve?! I'm near half that.
  3. KevinACrider

According to my local dealer, I have to replace the valve and coil with a bigger one. Their price was around $92 for both.

I'm going to go pull the valve now and see what I got.
  4. KevinACrider

Just pulled the valve out and nothing seems to be stuck, frozen, broke, warped or anything. It actually looks extremely good. I poked around at the ball in the end (some reports says it sticks) and it was easily moved and appeared to not be stuck in any way.

When these valves go bad, what goes bad? There appears to be very minimal moving parts, I can't see what could go bad.
  5. KevinACrider

6. wva

wva Member

smithbrosparts.com has them for $35 5/8 a valve $19 5/8 coil shipping like $5.50

hope this helps:waving:
  7. KevinACrider

Thanks man! I actually called Chuck the other day to ask him a Meyer question but when I looked on their site(s) today I couldn't find the A valve. That's a great price too!