1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 woes

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by suzuki0702, Nov 1, 2012.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

I am pretty much at my wits end with this thing. Bought the truck used, It has an e60 touchpad with an 8' poly plow, eztube deal. Ive replaced all coils and all valves, new hose quickconnects, new filter by the drop adjustment, and a new packing nut on the bottom of the ram in the sumpbase? Ive verified magnetism at the proper coils and verified wiring. But i still cant get the pump to raise with the plow connected. The ram will lift without the chain on, and the plow angles both directions also. Also if I leave the solenoid connected to the battery, it will drain the batts over a 3-5 period. Whats the function of the ball bearing below the b valve? This will be my second/backup truck for the year so id like to have it all working properly before the snow flies. Any help is much appreciated.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the E-60 on my 02 did the same thing. it was a bad seal on the lift piston. put a seal kit in it and no more problems

3. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Maybe a bad solenoid? Do you have 2 batteries or one?check the voltage on your plow motor and battery

4. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

tjc, i replaced the seal on the bottom already, i did notice it doesnt hold pressure even when the up switch is pressed leading me to believe the a valve may be stuck open? the solenoid does apprear to be letting voltage through to the motor even when the switch is off... i measured 1.9 volts at the motor with the touchpad turned off, but i bypassed the solenoid and it does the same thing.... i have 2 batts nickt....where are you located nickt? you arent nicks landscaping are you?

5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

No not a landscaper,I'm in ohio,make sure the lift ram is properly seated, I did that once and the same thing your describing happened. PM basher on this site he is a wiz with repairs, not sure if the soleniod should let voltage pass when touchpad is off good luck

6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

oring was trashed on bottom of lift cylinder inside sump base...thanks for your help fellas