1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 wiring, am I missing something here?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 7d9_z28, Dec 22, 2010.

1. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

so i got solenoid all wired up, and etc. etc., and all i have left is the wiring for the controller (membrane pad?) according to the wiring diagram from millsupply.com, the six wires (which are all black) are: white to solenoid (check) black,red, and green to respective coils (check) and a black fused wire to ign hot and an orange to ground. but i dont seem to have an extra wire dangling around. i have a wire with a ring terminal, which i assume to be the orange to ground. but thats it? where do i connect the ign hot to the harness?

i took a couple pics, one of the pins in the connector for the controller has no wire coming out? is it ok to run it like that?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Orange is ground, white is to the small terminal on the solenoid, blue to 12 volt power( make sure it is fused 10amp) , green to green, red to red, black to black,

The blue wire for the constant power should be on the end where the controller plugs in. It should have a fuse holder on the blue wire. I installed a plow today and everything worked on the wiring. The black hot wire is blue on some harnesses.

Kirby

3. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

well i was diggin through the pile of wiring i got with the plow, and found the black wire. its got a 10amp fuse, it was pulled from the connector probably to run through the firewall (fuse holder would require larger hole) i redid it and got it working! thanks though!

got a wiring diagram for the plow lights??? i got two relays with the wires, and i thing they are for the lights

4. fordsuvparts

what type of headlights do you have, and do you have the modules that came form Meyers, You can use a generic relay to turn the headlights on or off, I will see if i can find the right diagram.

5. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

there is a harness on the lift hoop, has a (six?) wire connector. and then it came with two relays with red white yellow black and green...

6. fordsuvparts

First question is the wiring still installed on the truck?

And are the headlights and signal lights still wired up on the lift frame.

The white should be the ground, I would use a test light to double check the grounds first and then the running lights and then the signals and the headlights.

Let me know and i will give you the diagram for the head light relays. Remember that you have a hi beam and a low beam.

7. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

yeah any diagram would be helpful, i usually buy trucks with plows already installed so this is new to me!

8. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

well the lift frame has the lights and wire harness, and im not sure what you mean about the truck wiring

9. fordsuvparts

You will need to use a jumper straight from the battery to test the wiring and see what color goes to what. I would test for the ground first then , all the rest of the wires one by one and right them all down. What number is the relay and that you have, and can you take a picture of what your setup is.

Does your setup have built in turn signals or does it only use the truck signals.

10. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

i believe they are built in, id have to double check. relay says 091231 12v 40a. the green wires from each relay have been spliced together ( was installed in a suburban before i believe) i wont be able to get a pic till tomorrow, its dark outside now