1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 / Weak Motor or Pump?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Dec 29, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have a E 60 pump. I have been plowing a lot more then normal this year. I have noticed that the pump is raising and side to side very slow. It works in all directions but is just slow. Is this just the way the pump operates or is something wrong? Do I need a new motor, get the pump rebuilt, or am I just blessed with a slow Meyer Pump? I am not trying to ask a stupid question I just am new to the Meyer Pumps. It seems like it is raising slower then a couple of days ago. The fluid level is good. Thanks for any help.

2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Change your filter??

I just had to replace the seals in my pump because it wouldn't hold the pressure and was leaking. So I would cross off your pump if its in good shape and not leaking. Motor on the other hand is a great candidate...Cheap reassurance is to change the filter and Oil first

CMO

3. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I will have to start there. I don't think that my pump is leaking the seals. I know that the top seal on my ram is leaking a little but it is very little, the plow does not slowing drop or anything. Would that have a effect on it. I have heard the the filters are a problem child for these pumps. I will get some, also have heard that the Meyer pump is better built then the aftermarket ones? Are these facts true to follow or have I been misguided? Thanks for all your guys help.

4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Small leak will turn into a big leak with your pump not been able to hold pressure...Sounds like its time for an overhaul...everything is easy to do, motor will be a big expense tho...not sure about aftermarket ones been worse, I know I had a re manufactured meyer motor put on mine..

Ask B&B for some help, he walked me through mine