1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 w/ slik stick. upgrading to touchpad is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TDS, Mar 4, 2010.

1. TDS

TDS Junior Member

tossing around the idea of switching to a touch-pad system for the e60. is it worth it? whats the advantages and disadvantages?
    what do i need exactly to do this upgrade? im presently with a slik stick on a e60

pistol grip vs square touch pad vs older hand held button pad.

i like the idea with the pistol grip when you shift to reverse the plow lifts up

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

When you decide to sell ur slick stick I am your buyer

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

while you will gain a softer stop to your angle function you will have a much more sensitive controller. It is susceptible to shutting down due to dirty/poor grounds, weak coils , weak 12 volt motor solenoids, etc. the touch pad will often overload when your slic stik would just keep on running.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

while you will gain a softer stop to your angle function you will have a much more sensitive controller. It is susceptible to shutting down due to dirty/poor grounds, weak coils , weak 12 volt motor solenoids, etc. the touch pad will often overload when your slic stik would just keep on running.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't replace a mechanical switch with a handheld controller (regardless of style) if they gave them away for free. In fact I often go the other way, ditching the problematic handhelds in favor of switches. Much more reliable and field diagnosable if it's ever needed.

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I would tend to agree , another member and I were discussing this last night , while I run a touchpad in both of my trucks and don't mind them , I also have about 4 new spare touchpad's if something happens .

The Slik Stick is 99.9% of the time dead on reliable and will keep going long after the touchpad becomes a wheel chock.

TOM