1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Is there any trick or easy way to seat the top cap on an E60?? I dont wanna destroy the sump base. B&B I know you have a way;)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple tips:

Make sure the large O-rings aren't rolled and they're laying nice and square in the grooves.

Check the cylinder tank to be sure there's no sharp edges or rust around the top and bottom for the O-ring to get caught on.

Lubricate the O-rings real well with plow fluid (or whatever your going to use in the pump)

Use a small soft faced hammer to GENTLY drive the tank down onto the sump base. Make sure you hit it square or you'll damage the lip on the tank.

Install the top cap down over the ram/cylinder assembly, aligning the studs with the holes and start the O-ring into the tank (make sure the top cap is square).

Once you get it that far use the soft hammer again to work it down into place. Tap each side once or twice.. and go back and forth with the hammer until it's seated.

The key here is to lube the O-rings real good...:nod:

3. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

i Dont Know If It Works Any Better But I Actually Soak The Entire Seal Kit In Plow Fluid The Day Before I Rebuild A Unit

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Okay thanks guys!!:waving: So basically just tap it on down with a rubber hammer then. I just dont want to mess anything up since it is all cast aluminum. I do have plenty of spare stuff including 2 sump bases and an almost complete new E60 I have been working on

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, if you clamp the bottom mount on the sump base sideways in a vise it's a little safer on the sump base if you get carried away with the hammer...:realmad:

BTW, a plastic faced hammer works much better than a rubber one if you've got one. :)

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I take it you have experience with going crazy with a hammer and the sump base suffering:D No I dont think I have a plastic faced hammer, but I will have to look

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

B&B & Super Nick Saves the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

How did I know you were going to say that????:rolleyes: