1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 slowly drops

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jwkv, Dec 9, 2010.

1. jwkv

jwkv Member

I have an E60 that drops slowly. With the blade on it needs raised about every 90 seconds. When I got home there was fluid coming out of the top at the ram. I suspect that the bottom ' seal ' on the ram need replaced. Anyone have any ideas other than that as I plan on tearing into it tomorrow afternoon as I'll need it to plow that night. I've never had one apart so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  2. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

is it coming out around the top seal or out the vent screw? might even look at an external adjustment screw, they are a blessing www.millsupply.com
  3. jwkv

jwkv Member

It's coming up around the top seal..
  4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Since you have fluid coming out the top, start with the a seal kit for the lift, replace all the seals, and O-rings in the lift. Also since you will be replacing the fluid check and clean the screens and filters in the valve block before you refill the pump. If it still drifts down after that remove and check the o-rings on the A-valve, that is the coil with the black wire.
  5. jwkv

jwkv Member

The cylinder seal was pitted and the ram seal was in bad shape too.. seemed not too bad to replace. 2 new filters. spent more time cleaning than anything. Just have to hook it back up and try it out.