1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 silicone seal?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Tscape, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Anybody ever seal the motor where it meets the pump with a bead of silicone? I have replaced the motor twice now, each time it has been filled with that baking soda from oxidation. I have heard that is the weak point in the design hence the new rubber covers.

Any thoughts?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have had that issue as well. I dont see why it wouldnt work. Or even just out on the outside seam, to really keep the water out. I may do this to mine. Those rubber boots for the pumps are a bear to deal with when you have to make a field repair at 3 am or hooking the hydro lines up. I took mine off when I had my other truck with a new meyer on it

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I bet a bead of Dielectric grease pressed into the gap would work too. Then it would come apart easier. No battle with the caulking gun around all the obstacles.